In a similar fashion to my Jordanians I thought I’d chronicle the steps I took to paint my U.S. infantry. I have two blisters of infantry, so that’s enough for two mech platoons and two command stands. My preference is to paint them all in one go, so the steps you see here are applied to each and every figure.
After cleaning and priming black I airbrushed Iraqui Sand on the uniform, purely because it was quicker than using a paint brush.
At this stage it’s taking me about 20 minutes to do the green blobs per 4 figures. That’s pretty tough going and is taking up huge amounts of my time. I really hope the end result is worth it.
As I added the Brown I realised the Green coverage wasn’t adequate, so I added more as appropriate, which took even longer.
Another labourious step, but one that made a real impact. I mostly hit the edges where the green and brown splotches touched.
Olive Grey is the colour I’ve chosen to tie the army scheme together, hence it should make an appearance on every model in some guise or other.
I then added some tufts, but apparently forgot to take a photo…with a little snow, I’m done.
Hope you like them
The APCs are constructed and primed, so will be making an appearance soon.
Thanks for stopping by