Good evening folks,
My (Winner Dave) next task in my all new Russian mid-war army was the Matildas.
These bad boys come from Zvezda, are are apparently snap together. Well naturally I used glue. In terms of a model I quite like them. If it hadn’t have been for the T-70s I’d like them more than I do, but the T-70s have set a new standard in my mind.
These Matildas were easy to put together, there is no denying that, but I found the clean up a right chore.
On to painting…here’s the end result
I didn’t go as bright with the highlights, I only applied 1 thicker layer of brown filter, the chips are more delicate.
Overall I’m pleased with the result, however I wish I’d gone that extra stage with the highlighting. I think the paint job is more realistic than the T-70s, but somehow a bit too subdued.
Oh, yeah and this time I remembered to affix the decals before applying the weathering.
but not the track…doh!
Thanks for reading, take it easy…next up KV1s